Monday, October 30, 2006

JetBlue WiFi from SWA Flight?

On the way back from Vegas to Raleigh (Southwest 4.5 hour nonstop), I pulled out my Dell Latitude notebook over Kansas to get some class work done for the week ahead. What else would one do over Kansas? :)

Of course, my wireless card was still enabled. To my surprise, as I prepared to disable the card to save battery life I got the "Wireless Networks Available" bubble. Huh? I thought I must be dreaming...

I viewed the network list and it said I could connect to the network "JetBlue - JFK WiFi" (full strength). I wasn't able to connect but it got me thinking. JetBlue has been rumored to be rolling out WiFi. Maybe one of their planes was in the airspace and they are testing WiFi. Who knows?

JetBlue To Offer Wi-Fi In The Sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment