Monday, April 11, 2005

I-40 Widening

As anyone in the Raleigh area knows, traffic problems along I-40 in Wake County continue to multiply as our area experiences continued rapid population growth.

It is therefore disturbing that the DOT plans to cut approximately $300 million from our region's highway budget in its 2006-2012 Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP). Projects such as the I-40 widening from Wade Ave to US1/64 in Cary, the widening of I-440 from Hillsborough St to US1/64, and the next leg of I-540 from NC 55 to Holly Springs will remain unfunded if the draft version of the TIP is allowed to pass.

Please contact the DOT to voice your opposition to this plan.

Contact DOT Triangle division representative

Sad...another death at the split:

Woman Dies In Wade Avenue Accident Near Westbound I-40

No comments:

Post a Comment